Public Safety Consulting, LLC was awarded a contract to provide Business Architect services (as a sub-contractor) to a major jurisdiction Police Department in the Hampton Roads, VA region. Our team will assist the City in implementing its new Body Worn Camera (BWC) and In-Car Camera (ICC) system.
We will be working with City staff and the selected vendor to develop the project plan, methodology, and schedule for all aspects of the implementation:
- IT Infrastructure supporting the system (network, security, hardware, application, etc.)
- Hardware installation and testing (docks, dedicated PC’s, sensors, etc.)
- Application installation and testing (PC’s, mobile devices, etc.)
- CAD/RMS interface (auto-tagging) configuration and testing
- Evidence management database configuration, management, and administration
- Training (administrative and operational)
- Inventory management
- Phased cutover/operational plan for Phase 1
- Post cutover monitoring, evaluation, and corrective action plan
- Phased cutover/operational plan for Phase 2
We will additionally;
- Define and document the City’s mobile networks to integrate the MDC with the In-car camera system and Body-worn cameras. This includes the in-car wireless network/SSID, Bluetooth connections, GPS, and internet connectivity to the evidence management system.
- Define and document the configuration of mobile routers to allow for uploading of BWC/ICC video over LTE. This may include multiple active networks on a single router and diverse routing based on destination.
- Define and document QoS policies, if needed, to prevent video uploading from degrading MDC network connectivity.
- Define and document security policies and practices to maintain proper security posture for MDCs to remain on the City network.