PSC is participating in the 2018 IACP Technology Conference on May 21-23 in Providence, Rhode Island. This year’s theme Technology, Transparency, and Transformation, focuses on how the law enforcement profession is utilizing technology to enhance services and communication and to transform agencies and communities. The conference provides law enforcement executives, IT managers, crime analysts, investigators, patrol officers, and local CIOs and CTOs with training, professional development, and a forum to share best practices and lessons learned on current and emerging technologies.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC was awarded a contract to provide Business Architect services (as a sub-contractor) to a major jurisdiction Police Department in the Hampton Roads, VA region. Our team will assist the City in implementing its new Body Worn Camera (BWC) and In-Car Camera (ICC) system.
We will be working with City staff and the selected vendor to develop the project plan, methodology, and schedule for all aspects of the implementation:
- IT Infrastructure supporting the system (network, security, hardware, application, etc.)
- Hardware installation and testing (docks, dedicated PC’s, sensors, etc.)
- Application installation and testing (PC’s, mobile devices, etc.)
- CAD/RMS interface (auto-tagging) configuration and testing
- Evidence management database configuration, management, and administration
- Training (administrative and operational)
- Inventory management
- Phased cutover/operational plan for Phase 1
- Post cutover monitoring, evaluation, and corrective action plan
- Phased cutover/operational plan for Phase 2
We will additionally;
- Define and document the City’s mobile networks to integrate the MDC with the In-car camera system and Body-worn cameras. This includes the in-car wireless network/SSID, Bluetooth connections, GPS, and internet connectivity to the evidence management system.
- Define and document the configuration of mobile routers to allow for uploading of BWC/ICC video over LTE. This may include multiple active networks on a single router and diverse routing based on destination.
- Define and document QoS policies, if needed, to prevent video uploading from degrading MDC network connectivity.
- Define and document security policies and practices to maintain proper security posture for MDCs to remain on the City network.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC is participating in the 41st Annual IACP Technology Conference in St. Louis, MO from May 22-24, 2017. The IACP Technology Conference provides law enforcement executives, IT managers, technology specialists, and others with a forum in which to share information, best practices and lessons learned regarding state-of-the-art law enforcement information management, communications and interoperability, technology standards, and information sharing, analysis and fusion.
Participating in this annual conference for more than fifteen years has helped us keep our fingers on the pulse of emerging public safety technologies and operational best practices.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC was awarded a contract to provide Business Architect services (as a sub-contractor) to a major jurisdiction Police Department in the Hampton Roads, VA region. Our team will develop and implement a plan, approach, schedule, and scripted scenarios and assist with vendor demonstrations to support the selection of a best-in-class BWC system.
We are focusing on operational field and technical testing of device capabilities and associated evidence management software to verify the end-to-end system capabilities and their alignment with the agency’s objectives.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC continues to provide law enforcement subject matter expertise to television production companies to ensure the accuracy of their reality based crime shows. Our in depth knowledge and real-world experience of law enforcement operations has been leveraged for shows aired on BET, ID, and the REELZ channel.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC is participating in the 40th Annual IACP Law Enforcement Information Management (LEIM) Training Conference and Technology Exposition in Dallas, Texas, May 23rd to the 25th. The conference provides chiefs, IT managers, technology specialists, criminal justice practitioners, researchers and industry-leading solution providers with a forum in which to share information, best practices and lessons learned in law enforcement information management.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC is supporting the development of a Body Worn Camera (BWC) System Business Case for a major jurisdiction Police Department in the Hampton Roads, VA region including but not limited to; Business Objectives, High Level Business Requirements, Solution Scope, Recommended Solution Approach, Funding, and Costs.
Public Safety Consulting, LLC (as a sub-contractor) is supporting the development of a Body Worn Camera (BWC) system strategic plan, including the development of operational and technical criteria for a BWC Pilot Project for a major Washington, DC area National Capitol Region (NCR) law enforcement agency. BWCs can enhance agency transparency, accountability, and professionalism while reducing unfounded complaints against officers and augmenting criminal investigations.